Friday, March 16, 2018

HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU PAY A LANDSCAPE DESIGNER?

I get asked this question all the time.  How much will it cost to design my garden?  I respond with a range based on the size of the project.  If it's a small size yard then my design could cost anywhere from $1000 to $1500.  I also explain the the potential client that there are 3 factors I consider when bidding a job. 

The first is the size of the project.  Large size project will take longer to measure, design etc. then smaller sized projects.  The second is the scope of work.  If I am designing a project that is planting design only, than that takes less time then if I had to also design hardscape elements, a BBQ or other features.  The third is design time.  I use an excel spread sheet to calculate my design time.  How many hours will it take me to measure the site?  How many hours to I need to create at least two concept drawings and so on. 

In this video I share with you all you need to know about how much to pay a landscape designer and what to expect. 

No comments: